Thursday, March 2, 2017

Helping Flint

I have been thinking about purposing a solution for Flint. Neutralizing an acid does not seem to be such a difficult task. Still I feel a strong sense of this past. It was before my parents where born, when I was dead wrong and too late. Sodium Bicarbonate, would seem the logical solution at first. Science is always too late I suppose, and even as I struggled to sit on the stool, more than 50 years later, I was still not in on the irony of my situation. At first the teacher thought I struggled with math, but I had tested into Calculus, so he walked he to the DSS office proudly, as if he had known this would happen. Sodium Bicarbonate had not neutralized the acid, into a safe substance, but it ended up as a neurological mutagen, which has been added to Contra-Costa County's water supply, to prevent tooth decay since 1946.
I suspect the substance that was proven safe, was most likely Calcium Fluoride. I would use Calcium Carbonate in the form of Shells, in a tank with a collection plate. To a person who spends a lot of time thinking about Carbon Nano tubes, Bucky balls and tiny molecular machines, this substance is worth more than gold.
I would be very grateful for any information regarding the whats and hows of this task.


Thank You,

Mary E Ester Esther Tormey

No comments:

Post a Comment