Saturday, March 5, 2016

I Am too Disabled to get Help With my Electricity

I am posting these numbers and links, here because I have failed to get adequate disability accommodations, and this caused my power to be shut off for 2 days. I am not concerned with my personal lack of power, because I lacking electricity is not nearly as big a threat as getting hit by a car because I am running away from noise and can't see where I am going. My concern is that I am being denied a grant I qualify for solely based on my sensory disorder and their failure to understand how to accommodate it. In applying for grants I have repeatedly had my life endangered and been forced to sign contracts that endangered my life through deprivation of resources. This is the contact information I was given by the power company on my shut off notice. Please ask nicely that they make these grants accessible to the people who need them most. I have been trying to figure out how to get help, without endangering my life for over a year now, and I have workers to help me, but those with all the living wage employees paid to tell me I should risk my life so the electric company can have just a little bit more money, no one is being paid to insure my safety. It is known that I qualify for this grant assistance because My income is less than $800 a month and the maximum income is $1471 for a single person. I also want to remind people that problem they should be trying to fix is not the lack of power company profits, but the failure of the electric company to provide consistent services to the vulnerable members of the population that need it the most. The solution is not to pay more but to charge less.
I do not know how many lives are being risked by this ridiculous insistence on redundant paperwork and abuse, so I am personally asking the public to help me address this issue.

Thank you,

Mary Tormey

Southeastern Idaho Community Action Agency
208-233-7348

Executive Director
208-232-1114.

Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership
208-522-5391 1-800-632-4813

Rocky Mountain Power
1-888-221-7070

Idaho Public Utilities Commission
1-800-432-0369

2 comments:

  1. I want people to protest this, I have a lot of support other people don't. Idaho has a very high suicide rate and it concerns me that government agencies would even suggest that a disabled person endanger their life just so an electric company can have a bit more money to give to wealthy shareholders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come all you Sandy Hook Conspiracy theorist wackjobs are always begging for money? You're a very mean person for what you participate in. You should be ashamed of yourself.

    ReplyDelete