Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Some Disabilities Cost More Than Others

Too many people think knowing disabled people makes them knowledgeable about all disabilities. This is not just his, this is my cause and the cause of many who have died because people think they know everything because they met a few people or took a class and have a right to make a living at our expense will we die on the street. My life has been saved more times than I can count by the concerned people of this loving community, it would cost less to just extend this kindness to everyone before they cry pee all over themselves and end up hospitalized like I did. Have you seen Alan Stokes Autism Rest? You can't deny that a lot of us are dying, of something. This is not wondering it is inadequate housing and accommodations. My basic living expenses cost at least twice what I get on disability. I have a degree in science, I never thought I would grow up, having to get by on my looks or personality, I've been told both are distinctive in unflattering ways. Some disabled people have basic needs beyond their disability benefits and it is not reasonable to expect all to apply for grants and go out and beg every time we need an appliance or have an emergency or want a place to sleep or food that won't make us sick. This is not a matter of there not being enough money either, it's fiduciary abuse. Backfoot South billed health and welfare over $40,000 to get me out of the way, ten years ago, when I was a taxpayer. They told me they didn't even have enough funding to buy safe food. My parents had to bring in food for me. If my incontinence and digestive problems are a "mental illness" then why did they have to cut open my abdomen when I was 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment